CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bagles


  • 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp warm water (110 degrees F)

  • 1 1/2 tsp salt

  • 2 Tbsp granulated sugar

  • 3 cups bread flour

  • 2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast

  • 3 quarts boiling water

  • 3 Tbsp granulated sugar (I have to admit, I forget this most of the time)

  • cornmeal

Place water, salt , sugar, flour and yeast in the bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough setting.

I usually double the batch. It barely fits into my 2 lb bread maker. Many of the reviews said that they mixed it in their kitchenaid. My dough cycle mixes for 20 minutes, and then allows it to raise for 1 hour 10 minutes. My yeast works really well, and the dough is usually much to big to leave in the bread maker for the full hour and 10 minutes. I usually have to take it out when there is about a half an hour left.

contributed by Shauna Holladay

For more pictures and more detailed instructions click HERE.

0 comments: